Sharing of Ministries Abroad
connecting the church globally
SOMA is a mission agency called by God to serve the Anglican Communion and the worldwide Church:
- by building up and equipping the Body of Jesus Christ
- through the renewing power of the Holy Spirit
- principally through short-term, cross-cultural missions
- for the transformation of individuals, churches and communities
Our Core Values
- Jesus Christ is the Lord, Redeemer and Saviour of the world.
- The Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Intercessory prayer is essential for releasing God’s power.
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit renews, heals and transforms lives and churches.
- The Holy Spirit enables repentance and growth in holiness.
- Renewal leads to reconciliation, care and unity in the body.
- Renewal empowers the Church for evangelism and mission.
- Renewal seeks the transformation of communities as a sign of the coming Kingdom of God.
- Giving and receiving across cultures is part of God’s precious resource in renewal and mission.
- Effective ministry flows from a servant heart and through loving relationships.
Ministry with young people Working with young people is far different to what I imagined. I’ve been a Sunday School teacher
Reflections on Zambia Lusaka – a place, I believe, that is truly filled with God’s presence. A city that offers both
Reflections on mission to Diocese of Lusaka That great and wonderful hymn ‘Be thou my vision, O lord of my heart’ by
If you would like to become a SOMA supporter, the first thing we need are your prayers. Team members on mission are doing God’s work, the team face spiritual opposition in the areas they visit. For every mission that goes out, SOMA need supporters ‘back home’ to continue praying for protection.
Upcoming Events & missions
Ministry with young people Working with young people is far different
Reflections on mission to Diocese of Lusaka That great and wonderful hymn